Post-operative Recovery: The Basics
1. When you first remove the eye shield, don’t be worried if your vision is still blurry. It will take some time for your eye to adjust.
2. You can expect to have red or blood shot eyes.
3. Bruising around the eye isn’t abnormal if an anesthetic injection was given through the skin.
4. Most patients see clearly within a few hours of surgery, but that time period varies for every person.
5. Expect a follow up visit within a day or two after surgery to check for complications.
6. Dry, itchy eyes aren’t uncommon after surgery.
7. Most of the time, the eyes will be fully healed within a month or so.
* Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any unusual symptoms after you’ve had cataract surgery.
If you or anyone you know has questions about cataracts, or would like to set up an appointment, please call us. Our Kansas City location’s phone number is 816-455-2020. You can also call our St. Joseph location at 816-279-7015. We are happy to help.