Outcomes of Cataract Removal:
1. Approximately 96% of those who had no pre-existing eye disease saw enough vision improvement to legally drive without glasses or contacts.
2. Approximately 90% of all patients who underwent cataract removal had good outcomes, including those with pre-existing eye conditions.
3. Very few patients had complications as a result of surgery. Of those few who did, most of the complications were infection.
4. Less than 2% had sight-threatening complications from their surgery.
5. The most common complication as a result of cataract removal surgery is posterior capsular opacification (PCO), which is a cloudiness of vision months after surgery. A simple laser procedure can reverse almost all of the affects of PCO.
If you or anyone you know has questions about cataracts, or would like to set up an appointment, please call us. Our Kansas City location’s phone number is 816-455-2020. You can also call our St. Joseph location at 816-279-7015. We are happy to help.