Wiles Eye Center Scholarship
This year, Wiles Eye Center will select one individual from four local high schools to receive an award of $500 to be used toward the student’s continuing education expenses. The award is based on the student’s passion for continuing education toward a career of their choice, and their ability to articulate why healthy vision is important to their future career aspirations.
- Must be a currently enrolled senior at a high school within the market area of Wiles Eye Center
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Maximum 500-word essay stating your career aspirations and how healthy vision will impact your success
- Must be enrolled in a college or trade school for the semester following graduation
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the college or school of enrollment
- Applicant must be available for award presentation at the Wiles Eye Center office
- Application must be submitted by May 2, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
The recipient of the award(s) will be notified by official mail and will be contacted via phone. The recipient(s) must be able to accept their award at a short award ceremony at the Wiles Eye Center office location in Gladstone, Missouri.
For questions regarding the scholarship, please contact Lucas Pate, director of communications, at [email protected] or 816-455-2020 x633.
Recent Mission Trip to Peru
Last summer, Dr. Wiles was able to donate some of his time to complete a very important mission trip to Peru. During his trip, Dr. Wiles and the team from Medical Ministry International performed sight-saving surgeries for patients who would not otherwise have access to eye care services.